Saturday 3 August 2013

And a few more ICADs.....

Hello everyone and happy weekend to you all.
Today I am sharing a few more ICADs and a different kind of holder to store them in. If you don't know what ICADs are, check out this post

Here is the holder first of all:
If you are a regular here, you will have seen this design before. This time I used the wonderful images of Nicecranesdesigns Talking Clock pack, love these sweet nostalgic images.
Here you can see a close up and some photos of the inside:



This is how I made the holder, for those of you who are interested:
Take a piece of 12 x 12 card and cut it to 5 3/4 by 12". Score at 2 1/2, 2 3/4, 71/4 and 7 1/2". The quarter inch increments are to allow for depth when you shut the holder with the cards inside. Shape one of the sides with a decorative die I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Doily die but you could use any die, just to give it a decorative edge. Crease all the scorelines.
 Line both the outside and the inside with papers of your choice, but leave the 1/4" increments uncovered, otherwise your holder won't fold well.
You can make the pocket in anyway you like, I edged mine with a Spellbinder die and made it quite deep by scoring 1/4" around the two sides, and two times 1/4 inch around the bottom, to allow for a strong base. It was a bit of a fiddle to be honest and giving a clear description would take ages, one day I will learn to do videos, so I can show you more clearly....
Anyway, onto the little cards to fit inside. This time I made 4 of them again, two to fit in the folder and two that won't because I put too many embellishments on lol.
Here they are: First the two that were too fat to fit inside the pockets, so I made them into little tags. Because I don't want this post to be too long, I'll let the pictures tell the story:

The backgrounds were created with Distress Inks, stencils and stamps and raised areas mostly highlighted with Treasure Gold in White Fire


The next two were done with a mixture of different Tim Holtz techniques. I swooshed Distress Inks on my craftmat, swiped my cards through them several times, drying them with my heatgun inbetween, until I was happy. I then sprayed them with water, crinkled them up, spread them out carefully and then dried them with the heatgun again. I then inked around them still with my inkblending tool. Love the leathery effect you get. This time embellishments were bits of chippies, treated with inks and sprays, a home made flower and some brads.





Well, that's it. Hope you like my second batch of these little 3 x 5s, they are a great size to play with and fun to try out different background techniques with too. If something goes wrong, at least all you have wasted is a bit of  3 x 5" card.
Oh and if you are looking for some super collage images to add to cards or LOs, don't forget to check out the wonderful collections Nicecrane Designs offers.
Thank you so much for visiting again and have a creative weekend! Hope the sun will shine!!

42 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello ASTRID
Love these to bits the Vintage feel is tangible, gorgeous all of them.
Smiles:)
Sue

Jenny Marples said...

Some great ICAD's here Astrid and I love the idea of that folder. Hugs, Jenny x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow, Astrid so special and so romantic, I really love your Folder!!

Greetings
Maria

Maryann Laursen said...

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing work here again Astrid. I totally LOVE that little folder. I think, I might have to lift that one at some time too. It´s absolutely gorgeous, but then all your work are. I LOVE the colors, you´ve used too, they´re so beautiful.
Have a wonderful week-end.

Stamps and Paper said...

More fabulous creations Astrid..love the folder idea and your ICADS are amazing, colours,textures and fabulous images

Anne

Unknown said...

These are sensational. I love the folder and the cards. You are so good with your decorations that I can see how you got carried away until they wouldn't fit! ! LOL! But that doesn't detract from what you have done. Simply lovely Astrid.
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx

artwolf2009 said...

I am speechless. They are so wonderful

Redanne said...

Beautiful ICAD's with the wonderful Nicecrane images Astrid and the little folder is just delightful! Hugs, Anne x

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Love, love, love!!!!! I'm sure you must have magic powers Astrid because each time you come up with a project that's even better than the last. Love the colours, love the stamping and the textures. Sorry, I'm just drooling again!!!! Love it!! ox

Aquarius said...

These are so gorgeous and such wonderful texture and colours. thanks for the details of that equally gorgeous folder - will just have to make one of those. Love the Nicecrane images too, used to such great effect.

Margie said...

These are wonderful Astrid and I can't wait to have a go at that lovely holder - thanks so much for the details (and the inspiration) Love, Margie x

Claudia N. said...

What a wonderful enchanted creation, Astrid!

I LOVE the whole package - and each of the four ICADs is a treasure by itself already. Having them in fours and coming with an envelope that is well worthy holding a treasure like this is almost overwhelming! So beautiful!

Thanks about the lesson on ICADs - I didn't know these until now. I will have to try this format too!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Jacqui Chimes said...

Really beautiful - love your style

Iwona create said...

Stunning... amazing! I love your style :D

Ros Crawford said...

Happy weekend to you too! I love the ICADs and the holder is so lovely! The textures really make them special

Maryanne said...

I love this whole project! The cards are beautiful. I've made a tag like your folder but didn't allow for the pocket inside. It was just flat. I love your idea and would love to try it. Beautiful!

craftimamma said...

Fabulous project Astrid. and such a lovely holder for those beautiful pieces of art.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Marianne said...

They look stunning! Like the folder too! Lovely vintage feelings!
xxx Marianne

ria gall said...

Hi Astrid
Oh wow what lovely pieces of art, each and everyone of them is beautiful and the holder is just as stunning. You seem to have really enjoyed this project because your finished pieces reflect that
Ria

Martina said...

My goodness, Astrid! You've outdone yourself. What extraordinarily beautiful creations! I'm totally thrilled. Fantastic!

Marisa Job said...

I admire your work, everything you make is just beautiful!!

Rita said...

Hello my friend. This beautiful creation looks stunning. I've just been informed we will set up soon. Hugs Rita xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Wallet, tags and ICADs - all delicious! Love the wrinkly backgrounds on the latter, and the lovely doily edge to the wallet. Such lovely makes, Astrid.
Alison x

Unknown said...

I love the backgrounds!! All those beautiful textures and layers!!!

These are so beautiful!

Happy Crafting
Tracie
http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful Astrid and I love the holder. So many wonderful ideas ! Sue C x

Sophie said...

Traumhaft schön.
Einfach märchenhaft, liebe Astrid.
Ich liebe deine Fantasie und deine Werke.
Dann bin ich in einer anderen Welt :-)

Ein schönes WE und danke für die wunderbaren Geschenke.
Sophie xx

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous folder and content!

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous projects and holder. The pictures do tell the story and its a pleasure to look at them all.
Yvonne

Elly said...

Needless to say because you sure know already that i love them all (:o) The backgrounds are just stunning and all the embellishments make them to some kind of a beloved treasure.

Anonymous said...

The whole package has so much care into its creation.
The folder is precious but there is then the anticipation of what is tucked inside.
Beautiful colours, textures and the sweetest of images.
Wishes
Lynne

May said...

Hi Astrid, WOW...Gorgeous ICAD's..& the folder is Beautiful....I Love how you have used the Nicecane design images they are perfect...Stunning backgrounds too... Hugs May x x x

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Astrid from a hot and windy Lanzarote. Your ICADs are just so wonderfully put together, each one a fabulous work of art and the holder is beautiful.
Hugs Brenda xox

Inkypinkycraft said...

These are absolutely gorgeous , beautiful colours, beautiful textures and beautiful images that you have shown off to their fullest, really beautiful! Hugs trace x

Terry said...

So beautiful in every detail! I love that holder and now I have a better idea! Happy Sunday - Hugs!

Rossella said...

These are so inspirational
Rosie x

Claire said...

Wow Astrid, what gorgeous artwork!I love the little cards, each and everyone one is stunning and the holder is just as beautiful
Claire xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous Astrid, wonderful details and Imlove the doily used on the edge, lovely touch. Wonderful images too. Tracy x

Dorthe said...

A gorgeous project dear Astrid,- a most beautiful folder, to hold it`s secrets ,that so wonderfully shows,when opening up.
They are amazing cards, all, but the last ones with your crumpling and inking are stunning -the effects from the handling looks GREAT!!!
Thankyou for telling and showing about all your art pieces ,sweet friend,- I`m alwayes so inspired when visiting you!!
Goosnight and sleep well :-)
Hugs,Dorthe

Kelly said...

Love the holder, and the cards are so rich in texture and those images are so beautiful. I love how you have decorated each one! It is fun to see the different techniques you did on them. fabulous set!
Hugs Kelly

Sandie said...

What a mirage of visual delight ... I love looking at each and seeing what you have done to each, they are all so different and so stunning!!!

Nicecrane Designs said...

Absolutely a Play of Art Astrid,,,soryy for the dealy in comment this amazing creation,,,,, love each detail here,what an unnusal way to use my Talking Clock collection,,,,,,,,I love the vintage effect,,,and the romantic look,,,,,my friend,,,,,,,absolutely a great work,,,,,You are so talented...

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous! Love the holder...so beautiful, and the lovelies inside are icing on this artistic cake! Fabulous design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key