Sunday 1 June 2014

Only Men Allowed for Country View Crafts Challenges

Hi everyone, lovely to have you come by. I can't believe another month has flown by and it is time for our next challenge at Countryview ChallengesThe challenge this time was set by the lovely Gabrielle. The theme she chose is "Only Men Allowed", so bring out all your men's supplies and join in our challenge!!
I decided to make a little accordion fold mini journal/notebook, using my new large ticket die by Tim Holtz. It's for my husband and will  be perfect to store photos and some journaling for his next trip.

Here you can see a photo of the inside:
All the other pages are blank so he can add his own stuff.

This was quick and easy to put together, and with different colours could of course be used for many different occasions.
I started by cutting the covers from the Nostalgic Collection of Core'dinations Kraft card. I cut a piece of 4 x 12 of my chosen colour, scored it in half along the long side and then put it on the die just a fraction away from the end to create a little book shape:
As you can see, I sanded the edges to bring out the Kraft core.
Next I created a little panel for the front. For that I cut another ticket from plane Kraftcard and then cut around the inner edge. I then sprayed it with a mix of Glycerine and water to break down the fibres, crumpled it up a couple of times and while still slightly wet ran it through a little Spellbinders 3D Embossibilities folder. You then get the perfect leather look;

Next I stamped and gathered little elements I wanted to use for the front cover. I used the Going Somewhere and Mercantile collections by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous.
As you can see, the vocal image was cut with the much smaller Movers and Shapers ticket die.
Time to layer everything up tgether. I played around with my collection until I was happy with the result.
Now for the inside:
I took a piece of 12 x 12" paper from the French Industrial collection and cut strips of 3 x 12 ". I then scored 3 of these strips at 4.5" along the long side. This gives you two 3 x 4.5 pages from each strip, plus an end bit which I used to glue the different strips together until I had 6 pages in all. I then folded them together into an accordion fold booklet. I inked all the edges with Gather Twigs Distress inks, rounded the corners and glue it inside the covers. Below you see the one side.
And here you can see the other side:
I stamped a La Blanche vintage car stamp onto tissue paper in Coffee Archival ink and glued it onto the inside cover with some Glue'nSeal.
And that was it. Hope you will hop over to Countryview Challenges to see all the amazing projects my team mates have created and of course we all hope you will play along in this latest challenge.
Well, hope you like my little book and will play along in our challenge!

This being the first of the month, I will be back later with another project, this time for Our Creative Corner. There is also a new challenge at the Artistic Stamper, but more about that tomorrow on my blog, you can't have too much of a good thing all on one day lol....


Thanks for visiting like always!!


19 comments:

Heather Jacob said...

wow Astrid, I am the first one to comment here .. tha is a first for me !!!! now your work is brilliant , always so much stiunning detail and oozing with richness and creativity .. love this so much x
Baden is still having lots of side effects from the radiation therapy , but is determined to get through this . the treatment finishes in August and then there is recovery time ... he is so brave and courageous x

chrissie said...

Always love your ideas Astrid and your make for a male is stunning.

Love Chrissie x

Rita said...

Love this mini journal Astrid. I have never seen this die, so will need to investigate further. Love the covers and of course the neatness of the whole creation. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

rachel said...

wonderful make Astrid - all the texture is amazing xx

Redanne said...

I am a little stuck for words Astrid, this is a stunning little journal and I bet hubby is very proud to carry this on his travels! Hugs, Anne xx

Suzanne C said...

Handsome journal! The texture on the cover is fantastic!

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful concept ... I love the ticket shape and as always amazing work!

froebelsternchen said...

a little treasure .. and such stunning ideas included Astrid!

Unknown said...

love your note book so precious!

Maryanne said...

I love your book, Astrid! I love the accordion pages inside and the cover is perfect and very masculine! I'm sure your husband will love it.

Words and Pictures said...

Another brilliant mini, Astrid - love the layers on the cover, especially your fab faux leather. Great stamping throughout - I'm going to succumb to that car any day now!!
Alison xx

Jenny Marples said...

Such a treat of texture and very clever design Astrid. I love the very masculine feel to this. Jenny x

Almo said...

Oh this little book is so sweet Astrid, its a great design, love the texture of the faux leather and the masculine browns and blues. Mo x

Maryann Laursen said...

I just absolutely LOVE tour little book here Astrid, it´s soooo beautiful and I´m sure any man would agree to that too. It´s truly awesome work.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Astrid,
This little booklet is great and I am really impressed with the faux leather look you achieved, I hope your husband finds it useful.
Great to be working alongside you on CVC.
Smiles:)
Sue

Doreen said...

Love the layers and texture on your gorgeous mini book.xxx

Shirley said...

Love this to bits Astrid. My type of make I can see me having a go at this.

Warm hugs from Shirl x x

Jools Robertson said...

Beautiful book, love the blue and the faux leather looks amazing

Jools x

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow again Astrid!!! I know I've said it before but you come up with the most wonderful ideas!! What a gorgeous little booklet ... absolutely stunning!!! I must start using my embossing folders. Your embossing always looks so gorgeous!! This is simply brilliant!! ox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key