Friday 18 December 2015

A Very Vintage Box

Hello all and thank for dropping in. It's been a busy few days here and I still have a few more projects to share before the big day....
This box was made using a paper mache book box. I'm sorry to say I have no step by step photos, but the old weathered wood look was achieved by painting the box first with a mix of black and brown acrylic paint. When that had dried I added Decoart Weathered Wood Crackle medium and then when that was touch dry I painted it with Titan Buff Decoart Media Acrylic paint. The cracks appear almost immediately, and this is still one of my all time favourite crackle techniques. I just added a bit of Umber Antiquing cream still for an even more distressed look.
The angel was fussy cut from one of the papers I designed for C'est Magnifique's Victorian Holiday Collection.
The front was embellished with some of the flowers that come with the paper kit.
They are from the Prima Victorian Christmas collection. I just added a few die cuts and some extra glitter.
The back was decorated with an other image from my paper collection.

 I left the front and inside quite plains as you can see on the photos below.

I just lined the inside of the box with some of the papers. The little lock is a Prima embellishment that comes with one of the C'est Magnifique kits.

Well, that's pretty much it for today, just to say thill, the corner elements are just two die cuts. Thanks for your visit like always and hope you are getting along well with all your preparations for the big day!





17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, looks really vintage. Hugs, Valerie

Maryann Laursen said...

Soooooo gorgeous work here again Astrid. I just LOVE your box here, it´s so beautiful and well made as usual. I love your cracking, it looks soo natural and perfect. Just stunning result as always hun.
Hope you also have time to enjoy the time here and is not too busy with all your tasks here.

Dortesjs said...

whooo awsome very fine box. love it.

Jackie PN said...

Another stunner!!! Love love love this very vintage box!! xoxo

chrissie said...

A terrific vintage look to both boxes. The flower arrangement is so beautiful

Love Chrissie xx

Diana Taylor said...

Totally stunning - love the beautiful images you've used and the vintage feel of it - Gorgeous!

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous project Astrid. Super textures and details.
Yvonne xx

Gitte said...

Beautiful box.

rachel said...

this looks soooo beautiful Astrid - love all the details - gorgeous! Hugs rachel x

Dorthe said...

A gorgeous box, dear Astrid, the crackle is really looking great this way, and the papers you used front and back are so beautiful, -ofcourse I love the flowers with a little glitter : ) .
Hugs, Dorthe

Sandy said...


wonderful - truly vintage looking - stunning and so very magical!!
sandy xx

experiments in paper said...

Fabulous, Astrid! That vintage look is so gorgeous - I want to reach out and touch that crackle! Your papers are just so beautiful, especially for a project such as this. Hope you have a great holiday with your family - xxx Lynn

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Astrid!! Thank you so much for all the inspiration this year, I just popped in to send you big hugs and wishes for a very Merry Christmas my friend!! :)

Barbara said...

The vintage look that you give to your work is Amazing! I love your creativity! Wonderful work as Always! Barbarayaya

Words and Pictures said...

Looks like a proper antique - amazing depth to the weathered crackle, and I suppose it's not surprising that the images are so perfect for your style, given you designed the papers - fantastic!
Alison xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! What an amazing vintage look you have created! I love the images you have created! Chrisx

A Pink said...

What a stunningly altered paper mache box Astrid that showcases the images from your own designed papers fabulously . LOVE your style and admire in awe x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key