Friday 9 February 2018

Bulletjournal February flip through

Hello friends, thanks for dropping in. Today I just want to share a few pages from my bulletjournal during January and February.
First of all, some January pages.
There is not much explanation, for those of you who have not seen my bullet journal before, or don't know what it is, you can read more about it HERE
My January habit tracker and monthly calendar (obviously taken before I filled them in).

The pages below show my February cover page and monthly calendar. I decided to adopt a more minimalist (for me) style for my main pages, and then splash out into more detailed work occasionally.

Cover page and monthly calendar
I love to doodle and am trying to get better at it, just simple and fun, using pens, markers and sometimes a little coloured pencil.
Here is how my weekly spreads look this month, much simpler (and less time consuming) than in previous months, but they are functional, and afterall that is the main purpose of a bullet journal.
Each week looks similar, just with a slightly different wreath doodle at the top. This is the second week.
My gratitude and weekly meal plan pages for February
I always choose a colour theme and stick with that for the main monthly pages.
February habit tracker, - I find these really useful to help me stay on track with the habits like eating healthily, staying on top of social media, exercise etc. 
My blog planner to help me stay on top of my blog scheduling.
And finally some examples of some more elaborate pages and doodling.

The page on the right uses techniques I have explained in this post.

Future log for the next 6 months
And finally some doodles that I did as part of a doodle daily challenge on Instagram. It was good fun, but a challenge to draw in the space of a square inch ...
A few close ups, all the themes were set.




Well, that's finally it for now, sorry for this long post, and thanks for your visit like always!
Happy weekend
xxxxx
Astrid

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journaling, you seem to be very well organised. I am just a muddle-head. Hugs, Valerie

Redanne said...

I could just sit here and gaze at your beautiful work all day Astrid.... Your pages are fantastic, I really LOVE your doodling, that steam train is incredible (as are all of your other little drawings). Fabulous work!! Hugs, Anne xx

Annie said...

You are such an inspiration Astrid x I dream of doing this but never make the time !!!! Fabulous drawings and details....Love it xx

Sending hugs
Annie x

Jennie Atkinson said...

I absolutely adore your journal Astrid, it really is so very beautiful. Unlike mine, which seems to be turning into a bit of a mess! I have decided to cut down my drawing of boxes for individual days and I do love how you have done that - I might steal that idea! The tracker is also very good and if nothing else I find that is really useful. I just love your wonderful drawings and doodles. Fabulous!! Jennie x

Let's Art Journal said...

Amazing bullet journal pages! I love your doodle daily challenge pieces, you have created so much detail on just an inch square - stunning 😁. It looks like you are having a wonderful creative month so far! I have a book I write ideas and inspiration in but I have to say it's not as neat as yours and sometimes I use a mind mapping technique which is fun 😁. The Derwent Inktense swatches are such a good idea too, so many beautiful colours! Apologies I'm late visiting, it's been such a busy week with one thing and another. Happy Friday! J 😊

brenda said...

So many lovely pages Astrid and each one with it's own unique design and style.

B x

Meggymay said...

Fantastic pages Astrid and so organised.
I loved your wonderful daily sketches, I wouldn't know where to start on such a small area.
Yvonne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Astrid there are no need for words as the pictures do it all for me. Looking at the I feel like I am actually flicking through your journal pages. So much detail and delicate script, such a joy to see.
Thank you so much for sharing..
Wishing you a wonderful weekend & look forward to the next instalment.
Warm wishes Tracey xx

Kate Yetter said...

I have heard about bullet journals but never tried making one. I am a list person so after looking at your journal I think I would really like this. Your doodles and sketches are so lovely. Your are a amazing at all forms of art!
Happy Weekend Astrid.
Kate

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love looking at your bullet journal pages! Mine look very haphazard although I am enjoying using mine! Your doodles are perfect little works of art in their own right! Have a great weekend!Chrisx

Helen Wallace said...

I'm in awe your discipline and organization. The outcomes from your beautiful journal must be pleasing. Thanks for sharing your doodling and sketching here, it is just a delight to see that script writing. Especially love the February wreath with the dangling hearts.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great bullet journal. I love your doodle a day idea. And your drawings are really gentle and beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

You are such a wonderful artist! Amazing - this bullet journal is UNIQUE and beyond beautiful! I know you have not so much time but this post would fit so well to our current Animals from A to Z theme over at
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE
and you would really make me happy when linking to us!
oxo Susi

sarascloset said...

I'm loving my brief catch up on your blog, and the good news is there is plenty more for me to catch up on! February's cover page thrills me! I love your doodling, and your inchie doodle pages are my favorites! Definitely coming back to this to soak each and every detail in! I might send my daughter over here, too, as she is at the beginning of her lettering trials. I know she would love your inspiration; I sure do! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key